We designed, supplied and installed a 1650kVA Emergency Diesel Generator, including an integral fire suppression system, and external 4000 litre bulk tank.
The client had no generator size calculation during the time of tender and relied on Eneraque to come up with a suitable generator size based on the load profiles provided.
Eneraque proposed a 1650kVA generator with an over-sized alternator rated at 1950kVA. The reason for this was so that the generator could handle the high harmonic distortion loads and over-current associated with VSD’s and DOL starting.
The benefits of having an over-sized alternator are:
- A more cost-effective design
- Generator footprint is smaller
- Generator will run at optimum loads. For instance, if the engine is sized for the starting loads, there is a very high chance that it will experience light loading once normal operation resumes.
In addition to this Eneraque provided an integral fire suppression system. This was made up of thermal and smoke sensors, audible and visual indicators, CO2 cylinders, distribution piping and spray nozzles.
Our client received a turnkey, cost effective emergency generator system.
- Model SM1650S rated 1650kVA standby power.
- 4,000L double skinned steel tank
- Fire Extinguishing System