Eneraque was engaged by a valued client in order to provide a standby diesel power generation solution to the AGL Torrens Power Station in South Australia.
AGL Torrens is located 18km from the Adelaide CBD on Torrens Island. With a capacity totalling 1,280MW, the power station is the largest natural gas-fired power station in Australia. Powering over 470,000 homes, the power station burns natural gas in boilers, generating electricity through the use of large steam-driven turbines. The Eneraque 1250kVA Silenced Diesel Generator plays the vital role of providing the backup electricity needed to black start power station’s turbines.
- Continuous communication of timelines with the client.
- Intelligent design, comprised of handpicked components.
- The Generator is designed to accept large load steps in the event that power station is offline.
- Full Factory Acceptance Testing
- Eneraque offered a plug-and-play package for the client.
- A Custom solution comprised of top-tier components.
- 1250kVA Prime-rated Eneraque Silenced Diesel Generator
- Mecc Alte Alternator
- MTU 18V2000G26F engine
- Noise rating 80dBA @ 1 meter
- Residential exhaust system, mounted internally
For more information on this project please do not hesitate to reach out to our friendly team of commercial backup power generation specialists!