Standby power in the utilities sector, in this case water, to providing continuous access to freshwater for the greater community.
Constructed in 1983, the Molendinar Water Treatment Plant is the largest of its kind on the Gold Coast, supplying drinking water to more than 20 surrounding suburbs. In order to future-proof the plant, substantial upgrades to the backwash system and electrical infrastructure were necessary.
As a result, Eneraque was engaged by Pensar to provide a reliable standby power solution capable of supplying power to the entire plant. Therefore, correctly configuring the diesel generator with features such as automatic start and stop was absolutely critical to the success of the project.
- Continuous communication of timelines with the client.
- Intelligent design, comprised of handpicked components.
- Custom grey paint specification.
- Eneraque offered a plug-and-play package for the client.
- The custom standby diesel generator enhanced the plant by providing new functionality that was previously unavailable.
These outcomes came as a result of Eneraque’s communication with the client in order to better understand their requirements, allowing us to tailor a package to support them in the best possible way. Below are some words derived from the Pensar Project Whitepaper, the Eneraque Generator formed an integral and unique part of the plant’s newly upgraded electrical infrastructure:
..a brand new Eneraque generator that had the capability to run the entire plant. This system has an automated switch over to generator, and an automatic revert function. This was done as the area often experiences brown outs or total power failure… The Eneraque generator could be used in a planned shutdown with Energex, or a planned trial shutdown with operators. Additionally, the generator could operate in an unforeseen shutdown due to the loss of supply or maintenance from Energex.
- 1500kVA Eneraque Diesel Generator
- Noise rating 85dBA @ 1 meter
- Residential exhaust system, mounted internally
For more information on this project please do not hesitate to reach out to our friendly team of commercial backup power generation specialists!