Eneraque was selected as the head contractor to supply, install, commission and maintain a 1000kva standby diesel generator at Townsville Airport.
- Safe and effective execution of project
- Enclosed weatherproof 1000kva diesel generator
- Co-ordination of electrical works with new and existing infrastructure
- New underground conduits, surface cutting, hydravac trenching
- 10,000L double skinned bulk fuel tank
- Diesel fuel bowser
- Fuel transfer system
- Automatic transfer switch (ATS)
- Generator link box
- Cabling onsite between MSB, ATS, link box and generator – 120+ meters through the airport roof space
- All civil works including strip footings and bored foundations
- Re-instating of hard surfaces
- Commissioning and testing
Emergency backup power to maintain airport operation and provide power supply to additional areas of the airport electrical infrastructure.
Eneraque provided a cost effective, fit for purpose solution, from a company that has been involved with supplying diesel generators since 1981. Our ability to work closely with Townsville Airport and utilisation of local contractors meant we were able to offer a competitive solution, with minimal downtime and a seamless project execution.
Using local contractors who had already been approved for construction work at Townsville Airport, and having the necessary air-side passes and contractors certifications, meant that Townsville Airport had complete confidence in Eneraque’s ability to safely & effectively execute the contract works within the specified time-frame, and provide a level of quality exceeding the Airport expectations. This also provided additional benefits and income to our panel of local contractors in accordance with Eneraque’s ‘Buy Local’ policies.