Designing, manufacturing and installing innovative standby power systems on buildings that form a focal point of a city centre, is something Eneraque has successfully completed a number of times over during its 40 years of business.
In this particular instance, Eneraque was engaged by a valued client to provide a turnkey backup power solution for the newly constructed Te Pae Christchurch Convention and Exhibition Centre. This building was designed to replace the previous centre which had previously been demolished in 2012, following extensive damage as a result of the 2011 Christchurch earthquakes.
The specifications of the project were based heavily on the large number of personnel who may be attending an event at any given time. Not only is it essential that power was readily available and continuous for event continuity, but stringent sound requirements were also present. Eneraque was pleased to offer a complete solution that satisfied both of these in the event of an unplanned outage.
The package installed was consistent of a 2500kVA Megagen Silenced Diesel Generator, housed in a sound-attenuated enclosure, with a complete fuel system including a 7,000L Self Bunded above ground tank as well as smart PLC Master Control System and integrated fire suppression system.
The installation was completed with successful on-site testing and commissioning of the generator by the Eneraque team.
- Successful, timely and diligent project management by the Eneraque NZ Division
- Installation of quality equipment
- Honoured contribution to the rebirth of an iconic Christchurch building
- Bespoke fuel system, tailored to this specific project
- Happy client
- Clean, fast, clever install
- Turnkey solution
- Reliable backup power for business continuity
- Eneraque Megagen 2500kVA Silenced Diesel Generator
- Complete fuel system
- 7,000L Above Ground Bulk Fuel Storage tank – 4hr Fire Rated
- Smart PLC Master Control System
- Load Shedding
- Onsite commissioning
- All above-ground pipework
- Sound attenuated to 73dBA @ 3m